Monday, October 15, 2007

Video Response

To me, the video really illustrated the scewed sense of reality our society currently has. I had seen the video before in a WING seminar class earlier this year, but when I saw it the first time I thought that woman was fake, (they played the video in reverse) in fact, I think most people you see on the front covers of magazines look incredibly fake. To me, they aren't even that appealing. Its terrible that our views of beauty as a society would come to this, but many people's jobs at fashion companies and the like depend on that odd view of beauty. I dont care for any of the fashion mumbo jumbo, but some people have become so obsessed with the pursuit of beauty that it consumes their lives. Maybe this video could open those people's eyes to the fact that beauty is based on perception. You can never be perfect.

No comments: