Wednesday, October 31, 2007

High School Identity

When I first entered high school, I was labeled the resident "small kid" Not only for my stature, but also because of my maturity as well. I was only 4' 10'' as a freshman and my short temper and ego did not help my case. However, I found that through sports, I gained more and more respect as the months progressed. When I beat out a senior for a spot on the wrestling team and later earned a spot on the baseball team, my popularity began to take off. By my senior year, I had learned to make decisions better, and treat people with more respect, mostly because of the values my coaches had instilled in me over the past four years. Though I have had both rough and great experiences throughout high school and high school sports, I really learned learned some valuable lessons, ones that I wouldn't trade for the world.

No comments: