Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Homecoming Heifer

My senior year my group of friends and I decided to have a huge homecoming group. All the people from CV, my school decided to invite people from SF, a neighboring school. The girl that dated a boy form SF just asked who wanted to go then we just matched boys and girls up. We were all just going as a big group of friends. All that we were going to do is get pictures with our dates. One problem was that one of my friends is big and when I say big I mean she is very tall and she is heavy. But she is the nicest person that you would ever meet. She is the type that would go out of her way to help someone that she didn’t even know.
So we all had our dates from SF “supposedly”, and everything seemed okay until my two best friends and I found out that her date did not know about her. One of the boys had just told him that the person he was paired with was a heavy, really heavy, a heifer. Although the boy that was paired up with her was really nice, everyone had something to say to him and none of it was good. But this girl already had her dress and was so excited to go out with people her own age. So we called him and practically begged him. He ended up agreeing to go to the dance with her. After the dance he got made fun of and during the dance none of the boys wanted to dance with her. I felt horrible for her but there was nothing that I could do. She was different than us in her appearance. But I couldn’t get over how the nicest person in the world could be treated so badly just because of her size.

No comments: