Sunday, October 14, 2007

Advertising Affects

Advertising has had many harmful affects on our society. I think everyone has had their self esteem lowered because of the unrealistic expectations that we have placed upon our selfs. We all want to be attractive but we are allowing our idea of attractiveness be manipulated to the point that it's unattainable to reach. Young people everywhere are searching for ways to make themselves look the way that many advertising companies have defined as beautiful. In my opinion beautiful should be natural not computer enhanced.

Many young people have turned to plastic surgery a not so natural approach to looking beautiful. In the past even I have contemplated how much more "beautiful" I would be if I had some sort of cosmetic surgery. In my opinion there's a reason we look like we do. We shouldn't force ourselves to fit the mold of a few advertising agencys consider beautiful.

No comments: