Sunday, October 28, 2007

group

I have the hadest time trying to figure out what group or collective I belong to. I like to believe I'm a mix of lots of things (which I am), but I know there is only one main group. When I joined the Virginia Corps of Cadets it brought me into a world I never knew before. I have learned things that go back farther than most can remember and there is a tradition that now I am a part of. It's easy know to think of the big picture of the group I belong to. My parents and family talk to me about it and my friends and I talk about it on occasion. However, I feel like I am the exact same kid I was in middle school. I don't feel the change in me, but I am always reminded that it's there. My point is that I believe strongly that you can be a part of a collective or group, and not be aware of it. I've read in some magazines that even some famous rock stars never have thought of themselves in the stature they are displayed as. I find it difficult for a person to define themselves accurately because it is just something most of us don't even think about.

nbier

No comments: