Friday, October 12, 2007

My first response to the video that we saw today was nothing but aw. I completely agree with everything that I saw happen to her and it upsets me that that’s the way life is. Everyone has to get pretty and fixed. I hate the fact that almost all people including myself have this image that they think they must achieve. That video made me look at myself and say wow why do we do this each morning? Why do we want to be artificial? The worst part about this even though I know that things are fixed with computers and people get professionals to do them up, people still want to achieve that look of perfection. What upset me even more is many people want to or do it unnaturally with plastic surgery or pills.
I thought that it was a really good clip to show teens because even if it made just one of us realize that people on TV and magazines don’t really look like that then maybe they will rethink some of the decisions they want to make. Also for a split second it is a boast of confidence because you could see it as I looked better than that person before she got professionally “fixed”. I think that it also really effects what people buy. If a good looking girl is wearing something we can’t help but think that we will look good, same with having and hair products even though we are all completely different. I think it all falls back to what is seen as the perfect person and we all try to obtain it. All of the drama of beauty is overwhelming and wish that I could understand why it exists so strongly.

1 comment:

Kilroy_60 said...

Sorry, I'm going to have to provide an overview on the project vs. specific comment(s) on specific post(s).

All in all, I think this is a great project and the writing is consistently well done.

I'm pleased to include you in the newest {updated} installment of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere.

If you have a chance to stop by for a visit I'll look forward to see what you think.

Cheers!