Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sports groups

When I was growing up I played soccer and baseball, which were during the same seasons. These two sports are very different from each other. In soccer you are running a lot, while in baseball there is not as much running. My soccer teamates naturally thought baseball was boring and my baseball teammates thought soccer was "girl" sport. I continued to play and practices began to get longer and the sports began to overlap and my teammates would be upset with me for missing games and practices. Eventually, i decided i needed to pick a sport. I chose soccer and gave in to the social pressures that were on me. I beleive i made the right decision by choosing a specific sport, but i think that the pressure put on me by my teammates definitely affected my decision.

No comments: