Saturday, December 1, 2007

Independence Week

Before I left home for college, I was not very responsible in terms of being independent and doing chores at home. My parents did my laundry, usually made my food, and I rarely helped clean the house when it was messy. But since coming to Tech, I have become more independent by doing my own laundry, making or going to get my own food, and cleaning my room when necessary. When I went home for break, my independence and responsibility continued. I did the laundry, made my own food, and helped clean some of the house. Although my family expected these changes to happen, it was still a little different with me doing things for me. Overall, the only significant changes in my identity that I felt over break was becoming more independent and responsible around the house.

No comments: