Friday, November 30, 2007

Harsh and Grown Up

When I went back home to Williamsburg, it was good to see people that I wasn't use to seeing. I got to see people from my old school and everything. But while I was there, I noticed somethings. I noticed that I'm not as hyper as I use to be in High School. I noticed this because all of my old friends who were still in High School were extremely hyper (and they didn't seem this hyper when I went to school with them) and my friends who had gone off to college didn't seemed changed at all. I guess college makes you a bit more serious about things than you were in High School, and nothing else mattered except having fun. I also noticed that I have become a little bit harsher, more impatient with people than I use to be. I would become flustered when someone got upset about something that didn't seem all that important. I don't know if college has desensitized me temporarily and that it takes a lot to upset me, or if that's just who I became because of the demands of college. I know that my mother noticed it, and she was upset that I had changed. It was all very interesting to see the differences that I noticed when I went back home (such as changes in people, in myself, and the landscape of the town as they have been building things up). I wonder what new things I'll notice when I go back for Christmas

No comments: